Tretinoin Cream (Retin A) 0.05 is a form of vitamin A that is used to treat acne which appears as spots or pimples on your face, chest, or back. It also helps to smooth rough facial skin and to reduce fine wrinkles on the skin. Tretinoin Cream 0.05 reduces excessive oil production of the skin.
TRETINOIN CREAM 0.05 USES
- Treatment of Acne
- Treatment of hyperpigmentation
- Reduces wrinkles
BENEFITS OF TRETIN CREAM
In The Treatment of Acne
Tretinoin, also known as all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) is a form of vitamin A. It helps treat acne by clearing skin pores and preventing spots or pimples from appearing. It usually takes several weeks to have a noticeable effect so keep using it even if it appears not to be working.
Sometimes acne may get worse before it gets better, however, with proper use, your skin will get clearer. The earlier you start using it, the less likely you are to get scars. Tretinoin will help improve your mood and uplift your confidence as your skin becomes acne-free.
HOW TO USE TRETINOIN CREAM 0.05
This cream is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless your hands are the affected area.
HOW TRETINOIN CREAM WORKS
Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A. When applied to the skin, it reduces oil production in the skin, replenishes acne-prone skin, and helps keep your pores open.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TRETINOIN CREAM
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
- Erythema (skin redness)
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
- Dry lips
- Pale red skin
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Do not wax while using tretinoin, your skin will rip off.
- If you are Starting tretinoin for acne treatment you should go for Tretinoin Gel instead of Tretinoin Cream as the Cream has oil bas which may not be good for acne. The cream is recommended if you want to use tretinoin as an anti-aging treatment.
- Clean the affected area with water and a non-medicated soap. Let it dry for 20-30 minutes before applying Tretinoin Cream 0.05.
- It may increase the severity of the spots or pimples in the first few weeks of use. Continue using it as prescribed by your doctor.
- It may cause a stinging sensation or a feeling of warmth when you first start using it. Inform your doctor if this persists.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight while using Tretinoin Cream 0.05 as it increases the sensitivity of your skin. Use protective measures such as sunscreen or protective clothing.
- Avoid face waxing and laser treatment while using this medicine as it makes your skin more fragile.
- Avoid taking tetracycline (e.g. doxycycline) as it may reduce the Tretinoin Cream activity.
- Do not use Tretinoin if you are pregnant.
- Inform your doctor if excessive skin dryness or skin sensitivity takes place.
Q. Is Retin a cream 0.05 is same as tretinoin cream 0.05?
Yes, Retin a cream 0.05 is the same as tretinoin cream 0.05. Retin A is the brand name and It has tretinoin 0.05 as its salt composition so both are the same.
Q. Can I undergo cosmetic procedures while taking Tretinoin 0.05?
Your doctor will decide whether you can continue taking or stop taking Tretinoin 0.05 before cosmetic procedures. However, it is advised to not undergo hair removal or laser treatments while using Tretinoin. Please inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking before starting the treatment with this medicine. Also, consult the doctor before starting any cosmetic procedure.
Q. Is it safe to use Tretinoin Cream 0.05?
Yes, Tretinoin Cream 0.05 is safe to use when taken as advised by your doctor. However, like all medicines, even this medicine has some side effects, it is not necessary that anyone who is taking these medicines might get these side effects. Please talk to your doctor if you get any unpleasant effects while taking this medicine.
Q. How long am I supposed to use Tretinoin 0.05?
Your doctor will decide the duration of your treatment depending on the severity of the acne. Usually, the treatment with Tretinoin 0.05 takes around 4-5 months.
Q. I am using Tretinoin, What should I do if I am planning to become pregnant?
It is important to consult your doctor if you are planning to become pregnant while using Tretinoin. Ideally, pregnancy is not advised because tretinoin can harm your baby. However, if you do get pregnant during the treatment with Tretinoin, consult your doctor.
Q. Why does Tretinoin 0.05 Cream cause dry skin, dry lips, and dry nose? How to manage these?
One of the most common side effects of Tretinoin includes dryness of the skin, nose, and lips. Tretinoin 0.05 reduces the secretion of oil which results in skin dryness. Dryness due to Tretinoin Cream can be managed by applying moisturizers or lubricants like Vaseline. You can also apply lip balm to relieve cracked and dry lips. Drink enough water to keep our body hydrated.
All substitutes available in the market
- Acretin 0.05
- Retin a 0.05
- Retacnyl 0.05
- Retino a 0.05
- Obagi tretinoin cream 0.05
- Effederm 0.05
- Retavit 0.05 cream
- Atralin tretinoin 0.05
Before And After
There are no reviews yet.